The Form Letters page of your room control panel allows the room administrator to create letters and then email them to some or all of the room users listed on your User Accounts page. When you first go to your Form Letters page, you will see a message informing you that an outgoing mail server needs to be configured:
Click on the button next to “Outgoing Mail Server” to configure your outgoing mail server settings. The “Update” button at the bottom of the page must be clicked to save any changes made.
- From: The email address that you will be sending your form letters from.
- Password: The password configured on your SMTP server.
- SMTP Server: Your outgoing mail server name.
- Bcc: If enabled, you will receive a copy of all form letters sent without notifying the recipients.
We recommend that after changing any outgoing mail server settings that you click on the button “Update and Test” to verify that the outgoing mail server is properly configured. If you see the statement “Test message sent” and receive the confirmation “Test Email” at the email address configured in your outgoing mail server settings, then your settings are configured correctly.
To create a new form letter, click on the “New Letter” button. iVocalize will automatically create a “Web Conference Account” form letter which contains login information for your web conference room. To change the subject and content of the form letter, click on “Edit” to the right of the form letter’s title. The “Update” button at the bottom of the page must be clicked to save any changes made.
- Subject: The form letter description that will appear in the subject line of the email.
- Charset: A drop-down selector for choosing the character encoding that you want for your letter.
- HTML: Enable “Body is HTML” if you want to include HTML formatting in the body of your letter.
- Body: The contents of your letter.
To send a form letter, click “Send” to the right of the form letter that you wish to send.
Select who you want to receive the form letter, and then click the “Send” button on the bottom of the page to email the form letter to everyone you selected.