The following are the minimum system requirements needed to host or attend an iVocalize Web Conference.
For Windows Systems:
- Windows XP or later
- Java 5 (J2SE 1.5) or later
- Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 7+ or Firefox 3+
For Mac Systems:
- Mac OS 10.5 or later (Intel cpu)
- Google Chrome 20+, Safari 4+ or Firefox 15+
- Java 5 +
For Linux Systems:
- Linux is not currently supported. Use a Windows virtual machine for full functionality on Linux.
For All Systems:
- 56K or faster Internet connection (broadband recommended)*
- Microphone and Speakers
- 512 MB System Memory
- Java Web Start configured as helper application for browser
*The bandwidth required depends on the presentation features used:
- 32 Kbps : Voice + Text
- 256 Kbps: Webcam, Whiteboard, Co-Browsing
- 768 Kbps: Live Screencasting
We suggest a Headset/Microphone combination. Having the microphone integrated into a headset keeps it a fixed distance from the speaker’s mouth, resulting in more consistent audio volume and quality. Voice audio in the conference room is mono, not stereo, so we suggest a headset that covers only one ear. Audio feedback is not a problem with iVocalize, therefore it is fine to pair external speakers with a headset/mic combo.
For Windows users, we recommend Logitech webcams. For Mac users we suggest using the integrated iSight camera.